Monday, March 2, 2009

snow storm

i woke up this morning and it felt like i was in school again. i looked out my window and prayed for a snow day. after the weekend, i would have been happy to get out of the house and go into work. but all the excitement behind the snow made me happy to have a 'snow day.' however, it wasn't a snow day at all. i didn't leave the house and i worked all day. (i played with my niece a little too) i could get used to working at home all snuggled up in my warm fleece throw and my jammies watching the wintry wonderland that was brewing just outside the window. and tomorrow when i wake up, it'll be a different story. i will not be as happy as i was today because most likely i will be pushing my car up the drive way to get it out of the snow and ice. and the wintry wonderland won't be so wonderful.

so i'm looking for an apartment. let me tell you it is something i am not enjoying. it stinks. i don't want to go through a realtor so i am trying to do the hunting and searching on my own. it's hard. i have gone to probably 5 or 6 different places hoping that it is going to be the one. come to think of it, it's a lot like dating. there is the awkward first date... the first email describing yourself and selling yourself... the second date, another email exchange to discuss the deets and when you will come by to check out the apartment. Third date--- moving fast here--- you actually go to the apartment to check it out. It's the awkward "Hi, i'm katie and i'm awesome and i want to be your roommate." But then you start looking around and it's not so nice anymore and you have to think of things to get you out of it. It is awkward. So then you leave and they are like be in touch and you're like yep sure will... not. That is the break-up. No more dates. Then you're back to the dating game. Will the next apartment be my true love? I can only hope because i am sick of dating.

until another blurp blops into my head...
-katie

3 comments:

Sarah O said...

I love the dating reference to the apartment hunting. Very clever.

P.S. I love your blog title. I'm guessing it comes from Dave Matthews' Tripping Billies, all though I guess it's a rather common phrase.

katieb said...

yo sarah o. you have no idea how hard it has been to try and find the perfect place. but i finally found a roommate and we are going to look at places tomorrow and i am so excited! i hope you are doing well? are you still at the colonial center?

Sarah O said...

I'm still here! Come visit soon!