Saturday, March 27, 2010

what makes something world famous?

so i tweeted this yesterday and i am still curious as to what makes something world famous? the other day we went to lunch at a local pizzeria/italian restaurant called polcaris who owns pizzeria regina. on the box it says "WORLD FAMOUS SINCE BLAH BLAH BLAH". now don't get me wrong, the pizza is good. in that sense, everyone SHOULD know about this place. but it is hard for me to believe that someone in freaking india knows about pizzeria regina. even more so i think there are some people who live in the same freaking state and still don't know what pizzeria regina is. so is there a 'World Famous Deciders' organization that determines the worldliness and deems things world famous in all it's fame and glory? that is very subjective, if that is the case. i'd like to know. or is there a list of items that you can check off and once you've achieved them all, ta-da, congratulations you are now famous all over the world. you are awesome. i don't know why this is bothering me so bad. its been stuck in my head for the past three days... and welcome to the wonderful random brain that is me.

-kteb

3 comments:

Celia G @ Breakfast at Target said...

When a company or a product or even a person for that matter deems themself "world famous," I tend to think of it as the perverbial mother-thinks-I'm-cool kind of sentiment. I mean, if it's on a box, building, or tshirt... it's hard to aruge. And no body's successful without a little cocky confidence... ;)

katieb said...

while i do agree that a little bit of confidence goes a long way, i feel like they could just say famous and get the same response. why world famous? just random katie thoughts.

Anonymous said...

hey my self kamal from agra and i had done my post graduation in 2010. and i am interested to make my career in forest . now i am doing a private jobs in india & i have Transfer Money in Home sir Can you please Provide Me The IFSC Code Allahabad Bank Medak, Please sir update The page .....

Thanks & regards
kamal