Thursday, April 8, 2010

5 miles to a croissant and beer... everyone needs goals right?

i have to set goals. on sunday i am running a 5-miler on a 'fairly flat' course... the fairly adjective scares me. in running, it's either flat or not. so we'll see how that turns out. however, sam adams brewery is a sponsor and as a sponsor they deliver beer. beer, you say? well, it's been said that a beer after running is just as hydrating as water. if there are studies that have been done, i'm believing it.

the beer isn't the only thing motivating me, my roommate who is also running with me is a huge fan of a place called canto 6. anytime there is mention of something going on in JP, she plans her day around going to canto 6. i am looking forward to going to this acclaimed bakery and i hoping it holds up to its reputation. however, i think we are going before the race. i think ill have to save my croissant until after the race or else i don't think i'll be able to run.

the real motivation really comes in to play because i am going to vegas in a few weeks and i am really trying to be in tip top shape. not for any real reason other than to feel good about myself. setting little goals and running these kinds of races definitely helps me achieve the 'feel good' feeling. i ran 5 miles today on the treadmill (which i hate) and it wasn't too bad. my time could have been a little better, but at least i did it.

for me it's all about setting the little goals, achieving them, then setting bigger ones. challenging myself never gets old and it's the best feeling to accomplish something you set your mind to.

*this blog was a way for me to put it in writing that i will run on sunday. i will run on sunday. i will run on sunday. i won't back out. i won't back out. i will run on sunday.

hasta pasta
-kteb

No comments: