Saturday, November 22, 2008

Seriously?

I read something very disturbing a few minutes ago. A kid in Miami committed suicide on a Web cam while people watched him. Seriously? How F*d up is society? How could no one immediately notify the police? I don't understand how these viewers could be so callous and heartless. How could you live with that for the rest of your life? Some of the viewers said they thought he was kidding because he had threatened it before... well, hello, there is a clue right there that this kid needs help. I feel there is a social responsibility with situations like that. I am so shocked by this. It makes me sick.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gtO167ywBhMURgOmp4ScpR7rBdvgD94KC5HG0 

1 comment:

Sarah O said...

I wish people would take a more active part in watching out for each other too. What is this world coming too?