Friday, April 17, 2009

California! Here we come!

I get to go to California next week! For work! I am really excited to go. I've never been to the west coast and I have to say I am ready for the adventure. I am ready for warm weather and I am ready to work! My company is attending the RSA Conference in San Francisco. We have developed a new site- Threatpost- and for all those who are not security nuts ( I am expecting no one that reads this is) you can learn all about security news there. It's a great resource, if I do say so myself. Anyways, I will be working the Threatpost Bloghaus... a booth for bloggers to come and hang out and write about what they are seeing at the conference. It's going to be a great networking opportunity and I think it's going to be an awesome overall experience.

I can't wait to wake up in the morning, go for a run and see all there is to see in San Fran. If anyone has been there and has any suggestions of what to see on my run, please let me know! I don't know how much free time I will have outside of the conference, so I have to squeeze as much in as I can on the runs.

Also, I found an apartment! I will be moving to Charlestown, not Charleston, May 2 and I am really excited. It's all a little nerve racking but it is going to be a great experience. I think this will be the first time that I am truly 'on my own'. So here I go and I am sure there will be plenty to blog about once I move. But so far when I tell people that's where I am moving, I get a great response and a 'oh you are going to love it'. I hope they are correct! There is a rooftop deck on top of my building with the greatest view of Boston. If I could live up there, I would. It's absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait for the wonderful 4th of July fireworks from the roof! If you are ever in Boston, you have a place to stay! Mi casa es su casa.

The new Dave Matthews Band single, Funny the Way It Is, is awesome! Even if you don't like DMB, I really think this album is going to be liked by everyone. There are also a couple other songs that are on YouTube, Spaceman and Why I Am, and they are old school DMB and it is a refreshing sound. Being a tribute album to Leroi, who passed away in August of last year, adds so much more to the album and makes it that much greater! RIP Roi. They are coming to Boston and playing at Fenwy Park May 29 and 30. Phish, Warren Haynes, and others will be joining them on stage, or so the rumors go. I really can't wait!

Well, I am going to quit blabbing for now.

Have a great night,
KB

3 comments:

Celia G @ Breakfast at Target said...

Hey Lady! Darling blog, and thanks for the add! :) I'm completely San Fran illiterate, but I'm sure whatever you do will end up a fabulous experience. I'm jealous of you and your big kid job! Best wishes from the Palmetto State!

Sarah O said...

I'm so jealous of your trip! I've never been to the west coast either and I hear San Fran is awesome.

Good luck with the move!
P.S. I didn't know you know Celia. We were in ESA together. LOL Small world.

katieb said...

Celia- Great to hear from you and I love your blog as well. San Fran was great. I will be writing about it soon!

Sarah-Celia and I know one another from Aiken (through John).

The west coast is freaking awesome! I plan on living there one day! So great!