Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Be Careful of This Email...

Just a friendly warning--- be careful. don't click if you get this email. Have a good day-
kteb

http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=8901

Users of Google's Blogger, a free blog publishing tool, are the targets of the latest phishing email campaign:


The text of the message couldn't be simpler, and the embedded link that brings the user to the phishing page withstands a cursory glance since it begins with the google.com domain. TrendLabs' experts took the trouble to investigate and discovered that the phishing site is hosted on a remote site.

The phishing site resembles the real one, but I think regular users could tell that something is different. Unfortunately, it's probable that most of them would think that Google is behind the change.

In any case, when emails requesting you to update any type of account come your way, it pays to be extra careful and do a little search on the legitimate site regarding the issue in question instead of following the link.

2 comments:

Celia G @ Breakfast at Target said...

I swears - I'm always waiting on your next post by watching for updates on my "Bloggin' Buddies" side bar - but for some reason, yours seems to take it's time! Anywho: 1) Thanks for the heads up! I'm already pretty suspicious with emails, but I'm blonde, so... 2) Your painting is awesome! So whimsical. And I totally agree it's one of the most relaxing things in the world... except for when you're trying to pait for a friend - then it's the most frustrating thing in the world! - if you're a perfectionist like myself. 3) Ah, Lent. I didn't think about fried foods, but that's a good one. And like my Grandma told me, Lent is about purification - making your mind, body, and spirit healthy in preparation for the greatest miracle! :)

katieb said...

1) you are welcome.
2) thanks
3) fried food is my vice... i can't say no to a french fry... well now i have to! "no no no french fry, i can't eat you."

... i don't know why i am not showing up in your bloggin' buddies side bar... maybe it's because i'm soooo sneaky.