Monday, February 22, 2010

new painting... stress free...

i painted this yesterday as part of my "hang with myself day". i had a day to myself and it was awesome. i slept late. went shopping. went for a run. cleaned my room. and painted this. it just started and i kept going with it. it started out with the black tree and i kept adding to it. i didn't like it when i got up from it, but came back to it after work this afternoon and now i like it.

painting for me is so calming. this one helped me just let go of everything stressful in my life (not that i have much stress). but with each stroke, it was a release of something worrisome or unhappy in my life. it's such an easy way to be stress free and the result: something you can enjoy!

-kteb

2 comments:

Sarah O said...

I think your painting is awesome! I'm so jealous. I have no artist talent but I really wish I did. Keep the paintings coming.

katieb said...

thanks sarah! i really never thought of myself as "artistic". i just enjoy it, so i do it. try it sometime. i think you'd be surprised. and if you don't like it, paint over it. that's what i did with that one. there was a really HIDEOUS painting on that canvas, but i covered it up and started over. turned into that...