Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas in the South - Proof my family is really my family!



My Christmas in South Carolina proved to be like any other Christmas. And by that I mean, it was good. I always enjoy being home for Christmas. The presents. The cookies. The Friends. The Christmas Tree. The Family.

Every time I am with my nephews and nieces and the rest of my family, I find they are more like me... as shown in these pictures...













These kids are great. And totally unprompted... sort of.













Then I figured out it runs in the family. Starting with my father. My dad is known for his quotes... I am pretty sure I need to start naming them Dad-isms. These included (pulled from Facebook):

- another dadism to make my day... "holy toledo!" - Merry Christmas everyone!

- oh i'm so home... dad just said, "you bet your sweet bippy"! LOVE IT!

And I couldn't forget my mother. Sitting at the kitchen table she looks at me and says, "Katie, which color coordinating glasses should I wear?" This was the tweet from this event. "My mom is so hip. Coordinating her reading glasses with Christmas - one pair red, one pair green."











And then there is my older brother and his wife and my youngest niece joined in... we did a little jig in honor/memory of the peanuts theme song. (the resemblance is uncanny)



So my family is lovely and I couldn't ask for a better one! They are crazy! There is no question that we are related. I hope you all had a great Christmas as well!

-KT B


No comments: